Friday, July 27, 2012

Meanwhile in Afghanistan


Let's face it...sometimes men and women just aren't good at the same jobs.  I know, I know, all the feminists out there are crying foul right now.  Just think about it for a moment.  The picture above makes the job of an Infantry soldier look great!  Peaceful even.  The picture below is a little closer to reality.  Here is a pretty picture - it's almost 110 degrees outside, you're covered from head to toe, carrying an extra 55 pounds and your only mode of transportation are your feet.  Not too bad?  Well, add the tat-tat, ta tat-tat of small arms fire and the BOOM of an IED explosion and now your day is a typical one in Afghanistan.  
This picture of my sweet, handsome, strong husband was taken just one hour after he and his platoon experienced yet another IED explosion.  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I think I will handle the stresses of managing our home and securing funds for the adoption without complaint from now on.  In fact, I feel quite spoiled in my air conditioned home, with a soft bed and quiet neighborhood.  Even as a veteran of OIF, I cannot begin to comprehend what some of these soldiers in Afghanistan experience on a regular basis.  Feeling very grateful for the soldiers who honorably serve to defend and protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment